Thursday 22 June 2017

Lamb stir fry with home-made Teriyaki sauce


For 2:

To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix 60ml/4tbsp light soy sauce, 30ml/2tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 15ml/1tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 whole star anise, 5ml/1tsp ground cinnamon, 2.5ml/½tsp ground cloves, 2.5ml/½tsp ground fennel, 2.5ml/½tsp freshly milled black pepper and set aside.
 
Heat 2tsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry 1 carrot, a piece of swede and some aubergine which have been cut into matchstick like pieces and stir-fry 1 minute.

Add 375g/12oz lean lamb precut into quarter inch strips with finely chopped garlic cloves, 1" piece of fresh ginger, 8 chopped spring onions and 100g/4oz chopped broccoli florets. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.

Add 100g/4oz sliced mushrooms and  and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Add the Teriyaki sauce, egg noodles (which have been presoaked for 5 minutes in boiling water and drained) and add a handful of rinsed spinach, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.

Place rinsed whole pak choi leaves around the side of the wok, put a lid on, turn the heat off and leave 1 minute. Sprinkle with dark soy sauce before serving.





My quick snacks blog - Pulled pork salad with goat's cheese dressing

If you want to know more about tofu check out
Check out my recipe
Mushroom Tofu
and
another of my recipes
Tofu in pulses


 

 
My latest pudding recipes No butter chocolate pudding

Lemon drizzle muffins

Giant lemon pancake n Maple Syrup Dessert

My most read poem in June 2017: -
Listen to that, it smells like the colour of red wine by Rosemary Ditchburn

My June 2017 poems

My
May 2017 poems

My
April 2017 poems

My
March 2017 poems

My
February 2017 poems

My
January 2017 poems

My
year 2016 poems

Poems wot I wrote




Spot the dog 2017


 
missing people choir (A poem for them) by Rosemary Ditchburn

No comments:

Post a Comment