Tuesday 27 June 2017

Jasmine chorizo fried rice






Rinse 7 tbsp jasmine rice in a sieve then place the rice in a saucepan with 400ml cold water, a pinch of salt and 1tsp rapeseed oil. Bring to boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes. When cooked put into a sieve and rinse with hot water.

Meantime dice then stir fry 2 spring onions, quarter aubergine, 1 small carrot, 6 green beans for 3 minutes.

Add 1 rinsed shredded pointed cabbage leaf, 3 rinsed pak choi leaves (leave the thick white base whole and slice the outer green leaf parts), 3 grated garlic cloves and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.

Add a handful of thinly sliced chorizo and stir fry for 1 minute.

The cooked rinsed rice should be ready to add to the stir fry. Using a slotted spoon mix well in with the vegetables. Put a lid on a turn off the heat.

Rinse a handful of spinach and arrange in the centre of your serving plate then top with the stir fry rice mixture to serve with a sprinkle of light soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil.
 




If you want to know more about tofu check out





Tofu n sweet potato lasagne


Check out my recipe Mushroom Tofu


and
another of my recipes

Tofu in pulses

My latest pudding recipes No butter chocolate pudding



Lemon drizzle muffins


 

Giant lemon pancake n Maple Syrup Dessert





Latest recipe:
15/7/2017


Chilli quorn stir fry





previous main meal recipes


My quick snacks blog -
Beef Quarter pounder cabbage parcel in tomato sauce






Pulled pork salad with goat's cheese dressing

Lamb stir fry with home-made Teriyaki sauce

 

Crispy half duck with hoisin sauce


 

My most read poem in June 2017: -
Listen to that, it smells like the colour of red wine by Rosemary Ditchburn

My June 2017 poems


My most read poem in May 2017: -
That
was a bud yesterday by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
May 2017 poems


My most read poem in April 2017: -
Your
life in their hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
April 2017 poems


My most read poem in March 2017: -
Destined to be someone who does by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
March 2017 poems


My most read poem in February 2017: -
Like
bananas holdings hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
February 2017 poems


My most read poem in January 2017: -
The
day after the eve before by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
January 2017 poems



My most read 2016 poem:-


To wassail or not to wassail by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
year 2016 poems

Poems wot I wrote

My most read poems wot I wrote poems.

I was a 1960's Northumberland child by Rosemary Ditchburn

Pill popping
damages your health

It's a cocktail bar now by Rosemary Ditchburn

Father to
child to father by Rosemary Ditchburn

Two
fingers or none

Someone who is not now there

2 preludes to this poem -

Don't let life's
painful history drag you down

My
dad's the best. Anyone remember him by Rosemary Ditchburn
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment