Sunday 3 September 2017

Lemon & Rosemary Fried Brown Rice











I like to precook the rice for this dish so I can just quickly fry it up next day. Ensure it is piping hot though when you serve it.


Rinse 6 tbsp wholegrain brown rice in boiling water a couple of times.


Put 1 tsp rapeseed oil into a deep fry pan. Add the rice, 1 tsp lemon juice and few sprigs of rosemary. fresh ground garlic salt and black pepper, 1 diced onion and a handful of egg noodles.


Just cover with enough boiling water or veg stock if you prefer more taste. Bring it back to the boil, cover with a glass lid if possible so you can check the moisture level is okay without removing the lid, then heat to simmer for 50 minutes when the rice will absorb all the liquid and there will be a ‘popping dimpled effect in the rice’.


Rinse the rice again in boiling water.


Allow to cool then either store in the fridge overnight for cooking next day (do not store any longer than one day), or begin cooking the friend rice as follows:


Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and press the rice down into the pan. Sprinkle on 1 tsp lemon juice and a dash of white pepper. leave and allow to cook for 3 minutes. Turn the rice over and cook another 3 minutes.


Add 3tbsp frozen gardens peas, 1 tbsp broad beans and cut green beans and a dash of light soy sauce and keep turning the rice for 2 minutes.


Crack 2 eggs into a dish and beat lightly with 1 tsp dried rosemary.


Bring the rice into the centre of the fry pan allowing an empty ring ‘space’ around it so you can pour the beaten eggs evenly around pan circling the rice using your utensil to cook the egg and when beginning to set turn the egg into the rice mixture.


Add a sprinkling of dark soy and 1 tsp runny honey into the centre of the rice to serve.














My latest post in my Spaniel Quotes for Life blog:


What I learned in August 2017 - Real love is accepting a person as they are, not as you want them to be


My popular 2017 poem missing people choir (A poem for them) by Rosemary Ditchburn


My September poems


Stupid o’ clock by Rosemary Ditchburn


My August 2017 poems


My most read August poem:-


The stealer by Rosemary Ditchburn





My July 2017 poems:


My most read July poem:


Neighbourly strangers by Rosemary Ditchburn


My June 2017 poems


My most read poems in June 2017:
Listen to that, it smells like the colour of red wine by Rosemary Ditchburn


Doh Feelings by Rosemary Ditchburn
My most read poem in May 2017:
That was a bud yesterday by Rosemary Ditchburn
My May 2017 poems: 
My most read poem in April 2017:
Your life in their hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My April 2017 poems
My most read poem in March 2017:
Destined to be someone who does by Rosemary Ditchburn
My March 2017 poems 
My most read poem in February 2017:
Like bananas holdings hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My February 2017 poems
My most read poem in January 2017:
The day after the eve before by Rosemary Ditchburn
My January 2017 poems
My most read 2016 poem:


To wassail or not to wassail by Rosemary Ditchburn
My
year 2016 poems
Poems wot I wrote


My most read poems wot I wrote poems:
I was a 1960's
Northumberland child by Rosemary Ditchburn
Pill popping
damages your health
It's a cocktail bar now by Rosemary Ditchburn
Father to
child to father by Rosemary Ditchburn
Two
fingers or none
Someone who is not now there
2 preludes to this poem -
Don't let life's
painful history drag you down
My
dad's the best. Anyone remember him by Rosemary Ditchburn


If you want to know more about tofu check out
Check out my recipe
Mushroom Tofu
and
another of my recipes

Tofu in pulses


Tofu n sweet potato lasagne


Latest main meal recipes
September recipes-



Mackerel Fillet Layer










August recipes –


Baked Sumac Tofu


Spelt Dahl


Brunch bake


Korean BBQ tofu and duck breast


Baked Sweet Potato Rosti


Baked Gammon n veg medley


Twice baked tofu n chick peas





My most popular recipes:


Pulled pork salad with goat's cheese dressing


Lamb stir fry with home-made Teriyaki sauce


Crispy half duck with hoisin sauce


Jasmine chorizo fried rice


King prawn sweet potato rogan josh


Quorn Jasmine Rice  What is quorn?


My most popular pudding recipes


Banana Fudge Muffins


Banana Tofu Mousse




Lemon drizzle muffins


Giant lemon pancake n Maple Syrup Dessert


 


Just a bit of fun - my Spot the dog 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment