Friday 15 September 2017

Greedy girl chicken stir fry








I usually only cook a piece of meat the size of my palm but being greedy today I had a nice fat juicy chicken breast because I am worth it! This will quite easily feed two people.


Cut the chicken breast into generous but thin slices, sprinkle with oil, grated garlic and sweet chilli sauce.


Put a handful of dried egg noodles into a bowl covering them with boiling water.


Preparing veg well is always more time consuming when cooking a stir fry but essential for a good result,


Heat the wok with 1 tbsp sesame oil in using med/high heat. Swirl the oil around the sides of the wok by turning the wok whilst off the hob.


Add the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes until outer sides are sealed. Remove the chicken pieces for now.


This veg will be stir fried first for about 3 minutes as they are slower to cook. Put these all in at once:-


Matchstick size pieces – 6 snap peas,  a thumb sized piece of root ginger, half inch round of swede and sweet potato, 1 small carrot. Half a diced onion.


Add the following stir frying everything for another 2 minutes:-


2 tbsp frozen green beans, 1 tbsp frozen broan beans, a handful frozen of small floret broccoli, 1 small chopped red chilli and the pre cooked chicken breast.


Add all of the following together into the wok, continue stir frying everything for another 2 minutes.


1 flat mushroom cut into long generous slices.


3 spring onions chopped.


2 tbsp shredded pointed cabbage


1 tbsp light sauce


Place 3 whole pak choi leaves around the sides of the wok. Drain the egg noodles, and place in the centre of the cooked veg. Turn off the heat and put a lid onto the wok for 5 minutes before serving on a bed of washed spinach leaves, the cooked veg and chicken in the middle of the plate and pak choi leaves around the sides of the plate for using as a spoon if you like. Add sprinkling of olive oil and dark soy sauce.






.


My quick snacks blog -


September recipes –


Kale Crisps


Roasted veg pasta bows




Mackerel Fillet Layer


Lemon & Rosemary Fried Brown Rice


August recipes –


Banana Fudge Muffins


Banana Tofu Mousse


Spelt Dahl


Brunch bake


Korean BBQ tofu and duck breast


Baked Sweet Potato Rosti


Baked Gammon n veg medley





Popular recipes:


Pulled pork salad with goat's cheese dressing


Lamb stir fry with home-made Teriyaki sauce


Crispy half duck with hoisin sauce


Jasmine chorizo fried rice


King prawn sweet potato rogan josh


Quorn Jasmine Rice  What is quorn?




Chilli quorn stir fry


 


My latest pudding recipes No butter chocolate pudding


Lemon drizzle muffins


Giant lemon pancake n Maple Syrup Dessert


 


If you want to know more about tofu check out
Check out my recipe Mushroom Tofu
and
another of my recipes
Tofu in pulses


Tofu n sweet potato lasagne


 


My latest post in my Spaniel Quotes for Life blog:


What I learned in August 2017 - Real love is accepting a person as they are, not as you want them to be





My most read September poems:-


Stupid o’ clock by Rosemary Ditchburn


Bake by Rosemary Ditchburn





My September poems:


Motion of the ocean by Rosemary Ditchburn


2,969, jump by Rosemary Ditchburn


Impossible hope, impossible dreams by Rosemary Ditchburn 


I really wished thebest for you by Rosemary Ditchburn


Good living by Rosemary Ditchburn


What a Shame, town by Rosemary Ditchburn


Butt by Rosemary Ditchburn


Kilt or shorts by Rosemary Ditchburn


My most read August poem:-


When friends are better than lovers by Rosemary Ditchburn


My August 2017 poems


My most read July poem:


Neighbourly strangers by Rosemary Ditchburn


My July 2017 poems:


My most read poems in June 2017:
Listen to that, it smells like the colour of red wine by Rosemary Ditchburn


Doh Feelings by Rosemary Ditchburn
My June 2017 poems


My most read poem in May 2017:
That was a bud yesterday by Rosemary Ditchburn
My May 2017 poems: 
My most read poem in April 2017:
Your life in their hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My April 2017 poems
My most read poem in March 2017:
Destined to be someone who does by Rosemary Ditchburn
My March 2017 poems 
My most read poem in February 2017:
Like bananas holdings hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My February 2017 poems
My most read poem in January 2017:
The day after the eve before by Rosemary Ditchburn
My January 2017 poems
My most read 2016 poem:


To wassail or not to wassail by Rosemary Ditchburn
My year 2016 poems
Poems wot I wrote


My most read poems wot I wrote poems:
I was a 1960's Northumberland child by Rosemary Ditchburn
Pill popping damages your health by Rosemary Ditchburn
It's a cocktail bar now by Rosemary Ditchburn
Father to child to father by Rosemary Ditchburn
Two fingers or none by Rosemary Ditchburn
Someone who is not now there by Rosemary Ditchburn
2 preludes to this poem -
Don't let life's painful history drag you down by Rosemary Ditchburn
My dad's the best. Anyone remember him by Rosemary Ditchburn


missing people choir (A poem for them) by Rosemary Ditchburn


 




Spot the dog 2017 (just a bit of fun)



No comments:

Post a Comment