Tuesday 6 March 2018

Stuffed sweet long pointed peppers with herby feta greens



.
.


A healthy and delicious dish. The long sweet pointed red peppers contain slightly more flavour than standard red peppers. Delicious when combined with crumbly, creamy feta, warm cherry tomatoes and herbs.
Per person -


Layer your baking /serving dish as follows:


6 tbsp frozen garden peas / 2 tbsp frozen broad beans / 2 tbsp frozen cut green beans /


1 tsp dried oregano / rosemary & parsley


2 thinly sliced mushrooms / 4 halved cherry tomatoes sprinkled with white pepper / 1 tsp dried oregano / rosemary & parsley


2 baby sweetcorn / 2 sugar snap peas


Drizzle with extra virgin rapeseed oil


Next rinse and cut a long sweet pointed red pepper lengthways, remove the seeds and pith and place cut side up.


Make the stuffing for the peppers:


Blitz together for 10 seconds 1 slice Tomato and rosemary focaccia (or 1 slice other flavoured bread),  2 spring onions, 2oz crumbled feta cheese, 2tbsp basil leaves, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 anchovies, salt / pepper to taste. Spoon the stuffing mixture evenly along the long peppers.


Halve a few black olives and dot over as a last topping.


Drizzle the whole dish with oil.





Bake in a preheated oven 200C / 180fan / Gas 4 / 350F for 15 minutes.




Serve with 4tbsp fresh pomegranate and squash seeds and shavings of Provolone Dolce cheese.
NB. Provolone Dolce is a semi-hard mild Italian cheese with a delicious flavour I would liken to a creamy edam which can be a substitute if you cannot find this cheese ( I got mine from Lidls).





.
.



Favourites:
.
Cheese soufflé using left over mash




Chicken and mushroom puff pastry pie
.



One pan Ostrich and mushroom orzo


,
,


Stuffed squash with homemade red pesto / Provolone Dolce topping
.


.





Steamed sweet potato and dill crab cakes
.
.


Turkey Shepherd’s pie with a kick


.
(Chicken) Meatloaf





.




Scallops, chorizo with white kidney beans
.
.
If you like my recipes and have a few minutes to spare why not check out my poetry:

March 2018 poems:
One of my favourite poems:


Heavenly Autumn wheel by Rosemary Ditchburn

Latest post in my ‘Spaniel quotes for life’ blog - If the only prayer you say in your entire life is 'thank you' , it will be enough








I’m here by Rosemary Ditchburn

Oppositional defiance disorder by Rosemary Ditchburn

My February 2018 poems:

Depends on what you see by Rosemary Ditchburn

A day in the days of my life by Rosemary Ditchburn

Ignore me by Rosemary Ditchburn

Many a memory by Rosemary Ditchburn

Take a seat by Rosemary Ditchburn

Just look at me now by Rosemary Ditchburn

Nice isn’t it? By Rosemary Ditchburn

Right again by Rosemary Ditchburn

My January 2018 poems:

Lust notes to self by Rosemary Ditchburn

Unachievable perfection by Rosemary Ditchburn

Look beyond what they are like to what they really are by Rosemary Ditchburn

Without much thought of I by Rosemary Ditchburn

Banging in the new year by Rosemary Ditchburn

 

Poems I wrote in Oct/Nov/Dec 2017

MY MOST READ DECEMBER 2017 POEM:-

I had hoped for a different one but nevertheless it was - 

Is the sex robot really coming? by Rosemary Ditchburn

MY MOST READ NOVEMBER 2017 POEM - Nature’s splendour erupt by Rosemary Ditchburn

MY MOST READ OCTOBER POEM - Cheer up. What for? by Rosemary Ditchburn

MY MOST READ SEPTEMBER 2017 POEM:-

Joy, pain andpleasure by Rosemary Ditchburn

My September poems:

MY MOST READ AUGUST 2017 POEM:-

When friends are better than lovers by Rosemary Ditchburn

My August 2017 poems

MY MOST READ JULY 2017 POEM:

Neighbourly strangers by Rosemary Ditchburn

My July 2017 poems:

MY MOST READ JUNE 2017 POEMS:
Listen to that, it smells like the colour of red wine by Rosemary Ditchburn

Doh Feelings by Rosemary Ditchburn
My June 2017 poems

MY MOST READ MAY 2017 POEM:
That was a bud yesterday by Rosemary Ditchburn
My May 2017 poems: 
MY MOST READ APRIL 2017 POEM:
Your life in their hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My April 2017 poems
MY MOST READ MARCH 2017 POEM:
Destined to be someone who does by Rosemary Ditchburn
My March 2017 poems 
MY MOST READ FEBRUARY 2017 POEM:
Like bananas holdings hands by Rosemary Ditchburn
My February 2017 poems
MY MOST READ JANUARY 2017 POEM:
The day after the eve before by Rosemary Ditchburn
My January 2017 poems
My most read 2016 poem:

To wassail or not to wassail by Rosemary Ditchburn
My year 2016 poems
Poems wot I wrote

My most read poems wot I wrote poems:
I was a 1960's Northumberland child by Rosemary Ditchburn
Pill popping damages your health by Rosemary Ditchburn
It's a cocktail bar now by Rosemary Ditchburn
Father to child to father by Rosemary Ditchburn
Two fingers or none by Rosemary Ditchburn
Someone who is not now there by Rosemary Ditchburn
2 preludes to this poem -
Don't let life's painful history drag you down by Rosemary Ditchburn
My dad's the best. Anyone remember him by Rosemary Ditchburn

missing people choir (A poem for them) by Rosemary Ditchburn

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment