Tuesday 20 March 2018

Rich aubergine sauce with wholemeal pasta






.





Using half the sauce from my last recipe Classic Ratatouille I made this next day. Pasta is not just cut into pretty shapes for our amusement. The pasta shapes suit different type of sauces. Because my aubergine sauce is rich and thick it is perfect for clinging and coating into the grooves of spiral pasta.

I cooked my pasta using a two tiered steam cooker. That way the pasta boils in the liquid in the base of the steamer and the sauce is heated in the tier along with 4 rinsed kalettes and a halved mushroom.

 

Bring 200ml water to the boil on high heat and add 75g spiral wholemeal pasta in the base of a steamer. (I also added a full peeled bulb of garlic at the same time which I shall use in my next recipe Spatchcocked Mustard and Honey Chicken). In the next tier use a heatproof open bowl with the retained sauce from my recipe Classic Ratatouille.

Ensure that the bowl is small enough to sit in the tier with the steamer’s lid on.

(Otherwise make a new sauce batch following my recipe and boil the pasta for 15 minutes).

In the same tier place 4 rinsed, destemmed kalettes and 1 halved large mushroom. Reduce the heat to medium / hot and steam for 15 minutes.

Carefully transfer the sauce into a mixing bowl and tip in the drained pasta, stirring well with two large spoons to coat the pasta in the sauce, (always pasta into the sauce, not sauce into the pasta). Add a sprinkling of parmesan and some black pepper to taste.

Serve alongside a bed of washed fresh spinach with the kalettes and mushroom on top.
.


More favourites:


Spatchedcocked chicken with mustard and honey glaze


.
.
Kangeroo steaks with rosemary garlic butter

.
.
.


Veal liver in Sage butter with cranberry red cabbage















Tomato Jasmine Rice with Kale Crisps topping

.
One of my favourite poems:


Heavenly Autumn wheel by Rosemary Ditchburn

Latest post in my ‘Spaniel quotes for life’ blog - If the only prayer you say in your entire life is 'thank you' , it will be enough








































Korean BBQ tofu and duck breast






Baked Sweet Potato Rosti











Popular recipes:

Pulled pork salad with goat's cheese dressing








Lamb stir fry with home-made Teriyaki sauce





Crispy half duck with hoisin sauce



If you want to know more about tofu check out
Check out my recipe Mushroom Tofu
and
another of my recipes
Tofu in pulses

Tofu n sweet potato lasagne



omega 3 (a guide)

5 ways to serve fish

Click on the link for more info on -.

Italien Gorgonzola Dop  used in my Scallops, chorizo with white kidney beans recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment